Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Blog By Any Other Name...

Would smell as sweet, right? I hope so! So there it is...These Are the Days. Why? There a lot of things about the way people used to live in the past that I wish was still here today. A slower pace, more innocence, and appreciation of family, love, and the little moments that life gives us. Instead of pining for "those" days, I decided to use this blog to focus on these days and making them full of the things I love.

I also want to blog because I would like to share with you, fellow bloggers, the way you have been sharing with me. There are so many lovely artists that I admire that I found merely because of their blogs. I love reading what everyone is up to...it is my morning coffee to check out my subscriptions and just plain makes me a happier person for the day! I thought it would be nice to try and share what I've made to return the favor.

Who Am I? I know! I should say that right? lol My name is Meredith and I live in Arizona. I'm married to an awesome guy, David, and together we have two daughters, Lillian and Madeline. I'm lucky enough to stay home with them, but in return I have a whimsical party business that I run on the weekends. This is my 5th year and I'm really happy that it has gone so well. I also do web design for a few different companies.

My real joy is my family and crafting. I'm lucky that I found the man I did. I can't express enough how much I love my babies. Lillian would interject here and remind me that she's 6 and NOT a baby! As for crafting, I've been doing it since I was a little girl. I got my first sewing machine when I was 10, but I had been using my mother's long before that. I'm not the kind to stick with one kind of craft...ideas are always in my head. I buy the supplies for those ideas, but I don't always get to them in time. I'm going to make the effort to block out some time each day to craft just because it makes my soul lighter.

So that's it for now. I hope to meet lots of you. Have a great day!

Mere

No comments: