Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Little PaperClay Ladies

Hi Girls!
Thank you to all who have left comments and visited...I REALLY appreciate hearing from you! I had posted some of the WIP photos of my paperclay girls and some of you have asked how they turned out. Thank you for that too! I like it when you tell me what you woud like to see or even just say hello. So if you haven't introduced yourself to me yet, I'd love to meet you!
But for now, I'd like you to meet some girls of mine. :)
This is my primitive folky girl. Her heart is removable.
She has a fine crackle finish...you know, because she's really old...just don't tell her that! She thinks she pretty young!
The fabric is from an apron I made...a delicate pointsetta print that doesn't scream Christmas. She could hang out all year long.
Her hairband matches her dress and helps keep her hair tied neatly in the back.
Next up is my Spider girl... I wanted to show the feminine side of this little miss.
She is very girly...she loves her tutu and has a sparkly trim right above it.
She's going to be weaving a web today...see her spool of thread?
I'm having a big thing for hair buns right now...she has four...
No, wait a minute! Those are her babies! Some spiders carry their babies until they are ready to go out on their own...my Spider Lady is no exception!
Lastly, my button girl. You know where that fabric is from! This girl can't get enough buttons! She'd probably let you hold her favorite one though...it is removable.

That's it for now! Please let me know what you think...I would love your advice on how I could improve! I made one other clay doll before this, so I am a new to this!

Thanks girls!

10 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Oh my . . . I love these little paper clay cuties!

Atticbabys said...

So nice to meet you Mere, and your ADORABLE paper clay ladies!!

Nan

Periwinkle Pass Studio said...

All of the ladies are great. The special touches (buns and removable objects) are adorable.

I have been playing around with paperclay, but havent' been very successful. Where did you learn how to do this?

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Love, love, love these--especially the spider girl!

Sherry said...

How delightful are these little darlings?!?! I love the removable pieces and each one is so unique!!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

I love your paper clay ladies! Spider girl is adorable! Lisa :)

Kathy McElroy said...

I loved visiting your blog. Your ladies are fantastic.

~dani~ said...

Wow..very good. I would love to talk to you more about them. Email me at ambitionsdesign@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

mere, these are awesome!!!

Paula In Pinetop said...

love these sweet little ladies