Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Pink Mermaid!

Once upon a time there was a pink mermaid,
Who lived in a pink sea.
She loved to swim amongst the fish,
And sip on Mermaid tea.


I painted this on Saturday for one of Lillian's friends. Her name is Makayla, she is a swimmer, and loves ANYTHING pink. She actually collects all the pink crayons in the class and puts them in her crayon box. When I taught art, no matter what she did, it was all in pink. So I thought this little girl with her blonde hair and blue eyes NEEDED a pink mermaid! Happy Birthday honey!

4 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Awww Mere that is soooo cute!
My granddaughter loves mermaids too and PINK!
She'd love that picture!

That is such a sweet birthday present!

Hugz, Dolly

Unknown said...

Super cute!! I really love your paper clay dolls as well. I am really interested in learning how to make them...Thanks for stopping by my blog and the very nice comment. It means a lot!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Your card is very cute,Your folk doll, is fab.You do excellent work.Hugs Marie Antionette

Dapoppins said...

Oh! Really sweet! Someday I want to get to the point when I can make such wonderful gifts!

And did I oooh and ahhh over your dolls? They really turned out sweetly. I thought the one with the...metal legs? would look scary but she is just gorgeous!