Friday, January 16, 2009

A Different Kind of Post

I've been on an adventure...did you know? Not an adventure I planned, but one I've taken nonetheless. During this adventure, there were moments of victory and hidden pitfalls that slowed me down. It may have taken more effort than it should have...in fact, it definitely did. In the end, it's those moments of victory that matter most. Like having a healthy Awesome Guy and two little redhead beauties.
Like dressing those little redhead beauties in embellished outfits...a bit of embroidery and a vintage linen tea towel.

And letting them know that any time is a good time to wear a fancy hat.
Like having such good friends that not only understand this principle, but can also share two of the most enjoyable hours with you among old and dusty treasures.
And teaching these fairly new treasures, that no matter what, every girl deserves to be treated like a princess.
We are all on adventures. Sure, there are pitfalls. Sometimes they are hidden and surprise you completely. Don't let them stop you...you never know what victorious moment is just ahead. With moments like that, surely there must be angels among us. :)

What's your latest moment of victory?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so good to hear from you. been wondering where you've been. lovely angel, and thanks for the words.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

My latests moment of victory. . . getting out of bed! It's been soooo cold, those warm blankets just seem to call me to stay. :)

Lori Garbarino said...

I do believe that you are an angel among us! I too have been on an adventure some good some not so, What a wonderful expression!

Your biggest Fan,

Blessings

Lori

Krissy said...

What a wonderful post. My last victory was today, hanging with 2 preschoolers and a wickedly sick husband. I haven't lost my head.....yet!
Cheers,
Krissy

Unknown said...

Just so sweet. I loved reading this post!
Hmmm, latest victory, I survived another year of jr. high cheer coaching. I love those girls, but I know where gray hair comes from now!!!! :)
XOXO
Jillian

Heather said...

what sweet photos and paintings! Good for you! :D
My latest moment in voctory?...getting my daughter to take a nap ;)

vivian said...

Hi Meredith! wonderful post! and I love the picture of the princesses! I'm on a little adventure this morning.. checking out all the blogs of all the girls entered in the egg swap! yours was the first stop! 30 more to go!!
have a sweet day.. were getting a winter storm today.. and I have to take my kitty to the vets to have him put down later today.. so not a good day here. but anyways..
HUGS!
vivian