Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Featured Artist- Painter of the Past

Today I would like to talk about Suzanne, the Painter of the Past. I stumbled upon her blog over a year ago and loved the traditional, colonial type pieces that she creates. Over time, I have enjoyed her blog and paintings very much!To my surprise, she replied to a comment I had posted on her blog and mentioned that she used to live in Arizona. Better yet, she used to work at my all time favorite store, The Country Manor. I never called it that though...I called it the rooster store. Did you know I LOVE roosters? The are incredibly beautiful and this store was once full of them. It even had this at the back door...

I shared this story with Suzanne. I told her about my love of roosters, the store, and especially this door. I remember that I gasped the first time I saw it. When visitors would come into town, I'd bring them there and hear their gasps as well. I wanted to unhinge that door and take it home with me. It reminds me of the country life I lived on the east coast before I came to Arizona.

Wouldn't you know it? My next email from Suzanne said that she PAINTED that door!! Is that a small world or what?! I am so excited to know the amazing artist behind this door. If you visit her blog or her etsy shop, I'm sure you'll enjoy it too!

Sadly, The Country Manor is no more. It was bought by a new owner who focused more on furniture and then it fell victim to the economy. Part of my favorite store lives on though, and I can visit her blog any time I want. :) Thanks Suzanne!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awww, Mere, thank you! You are so sweet...I wish we had met when I lived in AZ. Well, maybe we did and didn't know it when you visited Country Manor! ???
But I'm glad we met in "blogland"! :)
Looking at the door makes me a little nostalgic for AZ, especially this time of the year!
(((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hola! Just wanted you to know I added your blog to my Neat Places To Visit link list...I put it as "thevictorianlady" but if you want it titled "these are the days" that would be fine too.
Love, Jane

Anonymous said...

So sad to see so many boutiques closing their doors :-(
This economy is an ugly one, but I have hopes of it getting better.
So nice to hear from you Miss Meredith and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your kind words. It means the world to me!
I guess I did not know that you were from the east coast. I always assumed you were from here. What part of the east coast?
Here's wishing you a very Fabulous weekend!!!

Hugs!

Michelle

Sandra Evertson said...

Hey!
I just checked out your Outdoor Studio on you tube, It looks so Wonderful! Your new paintings are Fabulous btw! I couldn't help but notice the beautiful lemon tree too! Video is so cool because you get to see other little things like that! Oh! And your little girl in her in her doll house...Too Cute!

Sandra Evertson

NeereAnDear said...

Hey there Mere...!!!

So sweet of you to stop by.... I miss you too... I am hoping to be back in the swing of things within the next week or so.... its been a rough go with all types of little itty bits going on...

I must comment that I too love Suzannes work... she is quite talented.... a favorite artist of mine...as are you.... I love the whimsy you put into each painting....so thank you for sharing your story of the Country Manor and Suzanne..

HUGS

JO

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Wow! Seremdipity!!

SweetAnnee said...

Isn't Suzanne a great artist and all around SWEET person.
Hope all is well with you and yours..

Deena

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

What a great door!
I love roosters too!

I am off to meet the artist!

P.S. great story!

Have a wonderful week,
Hugz,
Dolly