Thursday, April 16, 2009

My FIRST First Friday and Today's BIG Project

So I FINALLY got to a First Friday. I pretty much wanted to go for 2 years and ACTUALLY REMEMBERED (!!!) it before the first friday of the month, and not the first Saturday as I usually do. We decided to take the new light rail because I've heard that it is SO easy. Not really, at least not at night anyway. It took over an hour to take what would have been a 25 minute trip and then we still had to walk more than three blocks in the middle of the city at night to get to the event.

Not exactly what I had in mind....not something like this:


Once we were there, it was very artsy, fun, and a bit adventourous. You could feel something in the air, like an acceptance of everyone. It was very eclectic...we saw a little bit of everything as we walked through each old house that had been turned into a gallery. The streets were lined with vendors, DJs, and people just dancing in the streets. There was an AMAZING tap dancer there, people were walking across the street just to see him.

I enjoyed all the art, some was dark, lots of pop and abstract too. TONS of jewelry. Great music... Glass mixed media...it was a lot to take in...we could have been there for a whole day, not just the few hours that it runs. The only thing I didn't see are pieces like I enjoy on the web. Whimsical, primitive, folk art. It made me appreciate you all even more than I already did!

It was my first Friday, but hopefully not my last. There is something planned for the next one that I just have to participate in! It is a secret for now, but I will tell you after I get back! :)
Oh and guess what? Oh a whim, I decided to make a headband to wear to the event. I tried to give it a vintage feel...love the button and the dark golden beige tulle too. I curled my hair in pin curls, been learning about it here and am enjoying getting lost in that 40's style I've loved since I was a kid. It's not an everyday hairdo, but I thought WHY NOT?! I'm not going to be old and gray (already have some gray come to think of it!) and wish I had that gorgeous hair when I had the chance. I'm also slowing convincing Awesome Guy to take up swing dancing with me in someplace OTHER than the kitchen. Someplace like this.

In other news, I put some pieces in my etsy shop, decorated and painted my daughter's stage for her music program, and TODAY....today is a BIG day with a BIG project especially for you. Today I'm filming a new video for this:
The last one was so fun, I had to do another. I'm getting all the props together now. Promise you'll come back Saturday to see it? I'd love to have you!

Thanks for all you do...your posts on your blog, your comments on mine. I'm grateful for you! :)

2 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

Do you live in Denver area? I ask because we have a first Friday and a light rail....lol

lelenie said...

I´m so glad I randomly found this... :)

I will come back often.. what i´ve read for now it´s so sweet..

(thanks in a way!!)

.lelé