Thursday, March 27, 2008

Somewhere, Over the Rainbow, Madeline had her first birthday party!

IMG_5292


Oh my baby...she's growing up! I know everyone says this but it went so fast! Makes the moment bittersweet, you know? She had a wizard of oz party, small, some family, some friends, lots of fun! We spent the whole week building a puppet stage and rehearsing with the cousins, good times :) I had bought the rag dolls for her off of ebay a long time ago and they were the perfect puppets.

IMG_5289

These are things I made for her room...that is a real clock! Can you guess what it is made of?

IMG_5294

There is a diploma too, but not finished. If you guessed paper clay, you are right!

IMG_5295

Here is Grammie and Madeline Mae, just before the show starts. She hung in there for all but the last ten minutes...pointing at the dolls, talking to them. She loves puppets!

IMG_5303

And bubbles....

IMG_5301

Don't we all love bubbles? Glinda bubbles that is? :)

IMG_5313

Madeline became curious and wanted to see just who was behind that green curtain. Why it's the cousins! Not to mention, a fun microphone too! She sang along. :)

IMG_5317

This was NOT the original cake...it was supposed to be oz, yellow brick road, and poppies. It was a pineapple, and she didn't know what poppies were. Good thing I had the mini ruby slippers on a paperclay brick or else you would think it was the 4th of July!

IMG_5291

These were the favors...bluebird sachets. I am throwing on into the giveaway! A little present from my baby....

IMG_5346

She is still a baby, right?

2 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

wow...what a party....I remember when my firstborn turned one...I think I cried....VERY bittersweet....it got a tad easier with the second and third....but not much. Thanks for the photos...I've forgotten what green grass looks like....all I still see is SNOW in my yard.

Sherry said...

Well if that last photo doesn't tell the whole story...so precious!! 1st birthdays are THE best -- and this one looked wonderful!!!